1009 Huron Drive
Crossville, TN 38572
Phone: (931) 261-1884
In December 2008, I received a B.A. in Mathematics and a minor in History from Southern Adventist University as well as Secondary Teaching Certification. Currently, I have Standard Seventh-day Adventist Denominational certification valid until August 2022 in Math and History for 7-12 as well as TN state certification in Mathematics and History 7-12, valid until August of 2020.
My professional development goals are only second to serving Christ. I want to become the best possible teacher that I can be within the context of fulfilling the Great Commission.
I graduated from Southern Adventist University (SAU) with a B.A. in Mathematics, minor in History, and Secondary Teaching Certification. I also received the Secondary Student Teacher of the Year Award for the 2008-2009 school year at SAU. I am set to graduate with a Masters in Outdoor Education in May of 2018.
- Mark Anderson, Principal of Inez Wrenn SDA School in Crossville (931) 337-5857
- Wanda Moore, Teacher grades 7-9 at Inez Wrenn. (931) 787-8752.
- Carleton Swafford, Graduate Dean at SAU, (423) 236-2864 or email@example.com.
- Kevin Brown, Chair of Mathematics Department at SAU. (423) 236-2874 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jim Ingersoll (email at email@example.com) or (770) 846-7222
- Doug Baker, Principal of Heritage Academy, (931) 239-4450 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lonnie Hetterle, Vice President of Education for Rocky Mountain Conference of SDA, (720) 840-8894 or email@example.com
- 2015 to Present Math Teacher at Inez Wrenn SDA School
- 2014 to Present Self-employed as a fly fishing guide in middle and east Tennessee, specializing in the waters of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and streams on the Cumberland Plateau (http://www.troutzoneanglers.com).
- 2012- Fall 2013 I was working at Vista Ridge Academy (through December 2013), but due to lowered enrollment and budget shortfalls, was cut at Christmas that year along with two other teachers and the junior and senior classes. I was teaching 7th grade math, 8th grade math, Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry, Precalculus, 7th and 8th Grade History, and Economics.
- 2009-2012 I worked for Heritage Academy located near Monterey Tennessee. My duties included teaching math through Precalculus and teaching Economics and American History. During my last year at Heritage, I was also working as Vice-Principal for Academics. Prior to the last year at Heritage, I also was the assistant boys’ dean.
I like doing just about anything out in nature. I hike, camp, backpack, and fly fish often. I enjoy writing and maintain a blog about my fly fishing adventures. You can see it at http://www.thetroutzone.com. I enjoy rock-climbing as well as sports. I also enjoy meteorology, particularly severe storms and storm chasing. In addition to math, I also love history and read a lot of history books in my leisure time. Most important of all though is my relationship with Jesus.
Outdoor Education Masters Portfolio Sections